Can You Understand These Sentences?
1) I put my new trainers in my boot.
2) The off-license in my neighborhood sells crisps.
3) I went to the chemist to buy a dummy.
4) Doesn't everyone keep jumpers in their wardrobe?
5) I needed a flannel after eating all of those hundreds and thousands.
6) He and I used to sit on my bonnet eating takeaway.
Translation (from British English to U.S. English):
1) I put my new sneakers in the trunk of my car.
2) The liquor store in my neighborhood sells potato chips.
3) I went to the drugstore to buy a pacifier.
4) Doesn't everyone keep sweaters in their closet?
5) I needed a washcloth after eating all of those sprinkles.
6) He and I used to sit on the hood of my car eating takeout.